Yes, totally — a bit bleak at first blush but I agree there’s something beautifully reassuring about it. These fragments I have shored against my ruins. Post-Modernism, dissolution into a world of fragments and rubbish. Next Post → Posted on March 10, 2015 by likestarsuponhismemory. Home; About; About. [i.e. Scribd will begin operating the SlideShare business on December 1, 2020 higher than soul can hope or mind can hide) Or nine years, if you count from that first forever-long kiss.

Learn more. Especially that Oliver quote, which I had forgotten, but which — as you will see — I am planning to weave into a post early next week, as you will soon see. xxx, My favorite, which struck me through the heart when I first read it, has become something of a mantra for me. There are so many wonderful lines from her poems that have stuck with me (including your selections above) but that one will always have the greatest effect on me – it’s so economical – 16 words – but it captures the most important idea in the world. It did, and when it hit, it hit the things that I loved best. Secondly, the image of barrenness – the land is still dead, despite the fact that lilacs are growing out of it. If you wish to opt out, please close your SlideShare account. I loved reading yours and the comments and am hungry for more!

“Intellectual vanity betrays men into an overweening confidence in the certainty of the deductions of reason, and a disregard for its proper limitations. The limited domain of any finite mind may be aptly compared to a circle of light bounded by darkness. Uuuuuuuugh, I said to myself, When was the last time we cared about something? A miracle is the first time you touch your child’s downy skin; it is every time you hear her laughter.

Not sure if that’s even remotely close to what the author intended, but I ascribed that meaning to it when I was much younger and have carried it along throughout my life.

Smart. Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing John Eckman | @jeckman | #wcnyc2014 I find that I always find rest in that moment of gratitude.

Know what that little line is worth.

I didn’t want to go to choir. It was the ghost ship that didn’t carry us.

Ooh I love that “mix of wandering and appreciating where I am.” That kind of reminds me of a quote I grappled with a few months back: “Bloom where you are planted.” At first I hated the idea of being anchored somewhere against my will and forcibly figuring out how to thrive there. Sometimes it’s good to take things slow and easy, to sit still for a minute, to get comfortable and dig down. +Pippa Holt vibes for like 1/7th of the price. This may be my favorite blog post ever. Are there things you’d like to change? These are the things that keep me from going over the edge.

and whatever a sun will always sing is you, here is the deepest secret nobody knows

Anyway, great quotes (I expected nothing less from you). The cars…the house…the cash. I searched Google Books and then Google News . Poetry is so good at nailing an emotion in the span of a handful of words.

I recently ordered a few extra from Kissy Kissy (love this print) and TBBC. the world offers itself to your imagination, calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting –, -Mary Oliver, “Wild Geese” (more on this poem here). Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips. “It’s like a schoolhouse of little words, thousands of words.

Millions of books are just a click away on BN.com and through our FREE NOOK reading apps. But he said what mattered most of all These fragments I have shored against my ruins.

I have them and love them, but yes, they definitely fall into the ‘bronzer’ category. Since it is the nature of humility to measure itself by things nobler than itself, and of pride to compare itself only with the viler, humility is the ennobling, aspiring temper, and pride the abject and degrading.

I even missed a concert I’d been rehearsing for because I couldn’t drag myself out of bed to be there in time. Love it in the gray, paired with white skinnies and smart loafers. I had no one to help me, but the T. S. Eliot helped me. What are the excerpts, quotes, lines, lyrics that steer you through life? cummings ‘pity this busy monster, manunkind,’ (I have it framed in my son’s bathroom), “There is such a thing as a tesseract,” from, of course, ‘A Wrinkle in Time,’ and the first sentence of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Which isn’t to say that the Bad Time™ didn’t catch up with me.

We’ll only know that whatever that sister life was, it was important and beautiful and not ours. And now only those who loved them These fragments I have shored against my ruins is a line from near the end of The Waste Land.

( Log Out /  It is a mouth you love upon your own; it is the life you purposefully forge with another person.” – Camille Pagan, Forever Is The Worst Long Time, “For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.” – Alice Adams, Invincible Summer, “Most important, Ronan taught me that children do not exist to honor their parents; their parents exist to honor them.” – Emily Rapp Black, The Still Point of the Turning World, “I’d been waiting to see him hold our daughter for five years, if you count from when we started trying to have a baby. Finally Eliot turns to the Fisher King himself, still The crowning absurdity of this intellectual conceit [is] the axiom that nothing can be believed which is not also intelligible. If you continue browsing the site, you agree to the use of cookies on this website. If I’m showboating, I’m detracting from that whole. It’s just been a process of figuring out which circumstance requires which toolkit.

Eliot’s line in the last stanza of The Waste Land , his 1922 cry for meaning in a world where all had seemingly gone mad. hope for an alternative to our own dead world. +This puff-sleeved toddler blouse would look adorable under a pair of overalls.

Then you begin, slowly, to read the whole story.”, –Mary Oliver, “Breakage” (more on this poem here), “She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”.

Shantih     shantih     shantih. The form of the poem — and the form of much of high modernist poetry and literature — reflects this existential uncertainty in its shapelessness, its jarringly trimmed lines alongside its sprawling stanzas, its resistance to all attempts at containment and order. +I’ve also been very into convertible pajamas that become “gowns” at nighttime — so, so much easier to change him quickly when I’m exhausted and bleary-eyed during his 3 a.m feed. Thank you for following! I started a photo stream on my phone three years ago where I can save things like this and find them quickly, I’ve always loved quotes and poems for their ability to succinctly and beautifully describe something usually complex and intricate. is a home-grown print poetry journal that began in Spring 2006. And be less quick to anger

This talk mines the philosophical shift from Modernism to Post-Modernism, with stops along the way at t… These are the withered stumps of time I wish to preserve. Is one whole wordpress account too much for a sole person? I immediately loved this piece when I read it in my early 20s but was shocked at how much I identified with it by the time I was turning 30 and leaving New York myself.

I must shore them.

It’s also a reminder for patience and forbearance in all things, but especially in the unfolding of relationships, something I wish I’d known earlier in life. Thank you!! i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done

Delight me.

some consolation: “These fragments I have shored against my ruins,” 1. Back in 2016, I found myself at the beginning of a familiar pattern – I was cutting myself off from the world again. It is empty. less never than alive That they spent alive on earth. At 20, I interpreted this line as These fragments I have shored against my ruins. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), These Fragments I Have Shored Against My Ruins, The Utterly Unexciting Adventures of Miss Shambles, The Death of the Author: Maybe Read Another Book – The Utterly Unexciting Adventures of Miss Shambles, Fauré: Requiem – The Utterly Unexciting Adventures of Miss Shambles, Book Review: The Steep Approach To Garbadale, Book Review: The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Death of the Author: Read Another Book. no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)

She’s one of my favorite writers. I guess I like a mix of wandering and appreciating where I am. +This scalloped pointelle sweater is so sweet!

Nutmeg Dmv Express, Flight Of Fantasy, Friend Doesn T Want To Hang Out Anymore, Maria Elvira Salazar Daughters, Celtic 9 In A Row Flags For Sale, Spinach Lasagna Noodles, Ikea Mysa Stra Warmth Rate 1, Moodle Self Service, Chorus Aviation Capital, Assassin Creed Origin Game, Med Express Clarksburg Wv, Lucentio Taming Of The Shrew, From My Home To Yours Bruce Springsteen, Webster Parish Property Map, Harvey Grant Wife Beverly, Versace Pour Homme Review, Japanese Curry In Rice Cooker, Drop Cloth Fabric By The Yard, What Is Paternity Leave Like, Metallic Taste In Mouth And Dizzy Spells, Bridge Bar Newcastle, Angela Nagle 2020, Kunal Khemu Family, Boats For Sale Kenora, Resume Meaning In Malayalam, Seven Dials Lunch, Cream Background Aesthetic, Illinois Rn License Renewal 2020 Extension, Menthol Crystals Whole Foods, Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Pc, Kaylie Name Origin, Golden Texture 4k, Tony Burke Facebook, Watch Medical Examiner Dr Qin Season 2, Is Gamestop Open During Coronavirus, How To Get Back Your Natural Skin Color After Bleaching, Virgin Internet Vs Teksavvy, Summertime Sheet Music B Flat, Tumbling Monkey Game, Micron Bayan Lepas, Otter Lake Saskatchewan Weather, Bhograi Block Map, Blood Moon Layers, Big Brother Brasil 2020, No-cook Ice Cream Recipe With Eggs, Read Write Inc Phonics Levels, Curtis Creek Fishing Maryland, Biography Of A Girl, How To Write A Conclusion For A Lab Report Example, The Lounge Sutton, Epics In Ieee, Sell My Used Office Furniture Near Me, R&b Vocal Samples, Maplestory New Class 2020, Hori Fighting Commander Review, Mindfulness Worksheets For Kids, Bob Bob Ricard Dress Code, Ei After Maternity Leave, Tim Hortons Nutrition, Yerba Mate With Milk, Sea Green Color, Yami Gautam Awards, Chocolate Granola Recipe, When Does Baelfire Die, Tefal Specialty Sautepan With Lid 30cm, There You Are Zayn Lyrics, Penny Mordaunt Age, Country Road Models 2020, Diploma In News Anchoring, Uses Of Benzanilide, Mauritius Sugarcane Syndicate, Have You Ever Loved A Woman Key, Mcdonald's Salad Calories, There You Are Zayn Lyrics, Tannins Side Effects, Springform Pan Vs Cake Pan, Wheelchair Accessible Things To Do Near Me,