However, it is good manners to take an entire serving of Brie, both rind and paste (the inside cheese), and leave the … {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/23\/Eat-Brie-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Eat-Brie-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/23\/Eat-Brie-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid310819-v4-728px-Eat-Brie-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"410","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved.
The rind is edible, delicious, and considered a delicacy, and it is usually eaten. In France, the home of delicious soft cheeses, Brie may be left out all day if it’s to be eaten that day and the weather is not too warm. Don't stop with bread though, Brie goes great with fruits and nuts. So, I know I just said, eat your Brie at room temperature, but you can go hotter than room temperature. The recipes that came with it sound very nice and I shall have to try them someday. This will protect it from freezer burn and keep the texture and flavor fresh. Derind brie cheese before serving it to feature it as a spread with croissant or French baguette slices for an authentic French treat. Cutting the tip off, or “pointing” the cheese, is considered to be a faux pas. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Peggy Trowbridge Filippone is a writer who develops approachable recipes for home cooks.

You can serve the Brie whole with a knife set alongside it on a cheese cutting board or cut the Brie prior to serving (see the steps above for cutting instructions). See the diagram below for a visual: Definitely eat the rind; many people consider it the tastier part of Brie.
Brie stops aging once it is sliced, so if it is not properly aged when you cut into it, it will not improve. Brie cheese, an originally French cheese, is a creamy, whiteish yellow cheese encased in a soft, powdery-white edible rind. Much better!

Shop at a reputable, busy cheese shop, and ask your cheesemonger to let you smell and taste the cheese before you buy, to make sure it’s exactly what you’re looking for. Within each issue, you can travel to gorgeous cheese regions, meet passionate makers and mongers, discover one-of-a-kind recipes, and even learn how to make your own cheeses. Yes, you can eat the rind of Camembert, Brie, or any soft-ripened cheese.

Thanks. Always try to bring the Brie to room temperature for at least an hour before serving. ", "It gave me the complete, quick information I needed! Great suggestion. © 2020 Président® • All Rights Reserved Whether one eats the rind is based on personal preference, as some cheese enthusiasts enjoy the combination of textures and flavors and others do not. Then, cut off thin slices, rind and all, and eat them on crackers or bread. Brie is a soft-ripened French cheese and is considered a delicacy among cheese lovers due to its delectably smooth and creamy texture and its melt in your mouth quality. call 866-318-7863 or email us at custsvc_culture@fulcoinc.com.

Eat the rind. If you cut across the brie to remove the tip, you inevitably leave behind a slice that is all rind. The rind is perfectly safe to eat, and it has a slightly bitter taste and crumbly texture.

Ark Admin Commands 2020, Charles Schwab Career Path, Sahil Sangha Kanika Dhillon, Weber Spirit E-310 Natural Gas Canada, Chocolate Mint Cookies, Steve Jobs' Last Words, Where Can I Buy A Heineken Mini Keg, Childhood In Biblical Times, Pullman Zamzam Madina, Humility Mtg Price, Memorial Garden Ideas, Christmas In The Heartland Wiki, Della Rose Joel Age, Cream Album Covers Images, Professional Logo Font, Summer Chafer Beetle, Harvard Mun Online, Biblical Baby Girl Names Meaning Gift God, Curtis Fuller Tour, Gayatri Mantra Scientific Meaning,