I hope your husband enjoys it! So…Hong Kong-style French toast. ), in the States, but originated in Europe hundreds of years ago.

[hidden]="groceryList.loading" custard thoroughly…unless you want pieces of egg white gracing the top of your Hong No fancy equipment required for this recipe. The Lowdown Restaurant Name: 新香園 (堅記) or San Hang Yuen Cuisine: Hong Kong Style Café Average Price per Person: $18 to $50 HKD or $3 to $7 USD Location: Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong (please refer to the map below for details) Recommendations: Beef & Egg Sandwich, Pork Knuckle Noodles, Red Bean Ice and French Toast, Ratings (out of 5) Taste: 4 Creativity/Authenticity: 4 Atmosphere: 2 Service: 2 Bang for Buck: 5. Think of your standard fabulous French toast, except in sandwich form, stuffed with delicious peanut butter (or strawberry jam, or Nutella! View Larger Map G/F, 38 Kweilin Street, Sham Shui Po p: +852-2386-2748 Asian , Brunch , Chinese , Dinner , Hong Kong , Hong Kong , Lunch Carefully add the stuffed French toast to the pan, and cook until golden and crispy; turn over, and repeat for the other side. ), and a little condensed milk drizzled on top. Read More…, Sign up to the newsletter, and become part of The Besties Club! It’s important mix the Spread 1.5 tablespoons peanut butter on a slice of bread, then top with another slice of bread. 5 stars because I love watching that drizzle. 3. When Nc. . That Food CRAY !!!

I’m using peanut butter as an example in the recipe because I don’t want to write a sentence that sounds like “spread your spread on the bread.” Also, peanut butter is yummy. The hubz, Eugene, arrived before me and was hangry so he ordered the notorious corned beef and egg sandwich while he waited for me. JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa. Thanks for the amazing recipe! Welcome to my blog! First off, it’s thick and fluffy, and it’s usually made with an incredibly light loaf like the leftover Japanese Milk Bread that I used here, though you can substitute other white bread loaves with the crusts trimmed if you’re in a rush. biscuit that may or may not have been a slice of bread in a former life. custardy centre that’s made French toast a brunch favourite. Hong Kong-style French toast is a deep fried, milky, egg-battered sandwich, stuffed generously with peanut butter/jam, and topped with sweetened condensed milk. Rejoice! * Fry your [now soggy] bread in a mixture of butter and oil. While best eaten fresh, The CRAYEST Desserts of 2018 !!! Cost Per Serving ZaTaYaYummy. Cut the crusts off the bread slices. Repeat with additional bread. Tips: For those who are allergic to peanuts, feel free to use any other filling such as plain butter or kaya butter. Check how much of this product you're using for this recipe. Slice the sandwiches however you like, drizzle with a little condensed milk. So milky, sweet and delicious! One thing Sang Hang Yuen lacks is consistency though. Yes…sweetened condensed milk for sure! The wonton noodles were pretty legit too, but pork knuckle #FTW! I grew up in boarding school, too, so can relate to parts of your experience as well), Hi Liz/fellow boarder! In light of the holiday seasons and resentment from my wife, a Hong Kong native, on lack of signature Cha Chaan Teng dish on my blog, I decided to share one of my favorite Hong Kong style café dishes, which is French toast – the Hong Kong Style! I’ve been exploring my hood a little more lately and have been stumbling upon some cheap and tasty finds. Offering an upgraded twist on the classic, Baofanji’s rendition of the Hong Kong-style French toast is topped with creamy vanilla ice cream, a divine butterscotch sauce, and crushed peanut brittle. Can’t wait to try it!! Sang Hang Yuen is killin’ the Cha Chaan Teng game, open 24/7 and recognized for having allegedly the best corned beef and scrambled egg toasted sandwich along with local favorites – braised pork knuckle noodles, crispy French toast and red bean ice. Can hardly wait to try it. Mom's spaghetti?

One spot that has got me hooked is 新香園 (堅記) pronounced San Hang Yuen, a hole in the wall Hong Kong style café (known as a Cha Chaan Teng) in the rillest and most chaotic districts of Hong Kong, Sham Shui Po. A Cha Chaan Teng normally opens all day serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, making it a great place to hang out with friends and grab a few bites without hurting the bank account. I hope you enjoy it! Much like the humble egg sandwich and char siu rice, Hong Kong-style French toast is a staple of local cuisine. Hong Kong style French toast typically has a thick layer of peanut butter and a drizzle of condensed milk. No wonder that even CNN agrees HK Style French toast is one of the world’s 50 most delicious foods (No. In addition to the textural component from the crushed confection, the juxtaposition of the hot French toast and the cold ice cream takes this dish to another league. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog – so many delicious recipes on here! Also, if you’re able to teach me how to introduce myself in Cantonese, I would appreciate it. I didn’t know what I was saying (literally). There's a reason why Hong Kong French toast makes most delicious lists, and why iced milk tea or "dong lai cha" is on nearly ever street corner in Hong Kong. Make sure to The noodles were perfectly al-dente, soaking up all that delicious pork knuckle sauce. I hope you enjoy it! On Chocolates & Chai, I worry about perfecting that showstopper of a recipe so that you can rediscover, and share that feeling with the people closest to you. * Soak your bread slices in a mixture of egg and milk with a tiny pinch of salt. If you have access to a deep fryer, you can use that too. Oh, and it’s deep fried, so it definitely needs to be part of your next balanced breakfast. In my version however, I like to add some mozzarella cheese and use maple syrup instead. It’s also traditionally filled with a thin layer of peanut butter and served with a side of maple syrup or sweetened condensed milk that sends your taste buds bursting through the roof of your mouth in near-orgasmic ecstasy. It’s got two thick slices of soft milk bread covered in egg batter and perfectly fried to crispy golden brown and then served with butter and condensed milk/syrup. Generally a lot of the tips to making great (regular) French toast will apply here too. Nor even heard of it, for that matter. Dip your peanut butter sandwich into the whisked egg, allowing it a few seconds to soak in the eggs. crucial element of French toast is making sure you have the right kind of Aesthetically, Sang Hang Yuen ain’t the prettiest, but looks aside, this tiny weathered café pumps out some legit food. French toast has arguably found its spiritual home, bathed in syrup (do you go maple or golden? Something that includes me, this French toast recipe, and a culturally-relevant-sounding expletive tacked onto the end for Gen-Z appeal. Discover personalized recipes, organize your meal plans, shop ingredients, and cook with confidence alongside our FREE, step-by-step cooking app. About 6 minutes to read this article. . needs feeding). A few things I’d like to mention before you jump into the recipe. Due to product availability differences in each store, we suggest you review this product match. Everyone should have a room mate like this at least once in their lives. Kong’s many street cafes that often combine Hong Kong and western cuisines to create “French toast?” Strange. Add oil. Add sugar as you wish. Remove the bread crust from the 4 sides, Make the egg batter by beating the egg with vanilla extract until well blended, Drench the bread in the egg batter until all sides are well coated, For the healthier version, pan fry the toast in a non-stick pan with 1.5 tbsp of oil until all sides are golden brown, about 1 minutes per side over medium heat. !, Inc. All rights reserved. Thanks Vanessa! This French toast looks super extra. Peanut butter/Nutella/Strawberry Jam, to taste. Growing up, this dish was basically the only thing my mom and I would order at Hong Kong-style cafes because it’s NOT your average Joe Shmoe French toast recipe. And trust me: once you try this recipe, you’ll never want to go back to regular, boring, thin pan-fried French toast again. Soak both sides of bread in the egg mixture. 7.

Wow this looks sinfully delicious Would love to try that coconut jam with it.. also great photos! Only 1 left Favorite Add to Toast of London Steven Toast Matt Berry Art Print joehumphrey. I’ve always been a big Monte Cristo fan, but looking forward to trying this sweet, sweet breakfast goodness!

If you’d like to read our Privacy Policy, you can find it here. Wonton Noodles 雲吞麺 ($28 HKD or $3.65 USD). Save time, save money!

Condensed milk & peanut butter filling – Spread one side of the bread with peanut butter, and condensed milk on the other. I like the addition of peanut butter for a deeper flavor, thanks for the recipe.. Hi yi, can you also tell me how to make Hong Kong style coffee just the way they serve it in cha chaan teng?

My version is like this:- Legendary Hong Kong is located in the “Mongkok district” of Jurong Point, where the streets are famously narrow and neon lights abound. Just asleep the night before our A-Level economics exam.

Love you and these wonderful recipes! “No!

Thanks for visiting! Tq. EM. We love Food Party 2 in 1 Electric Smokeless Grill and Hotpot's dual temperature control feature. I’m really glad I did! Let’s go through them quickly: Arguably the most

Required fields are marked *.

The French toast was fluffy with a mad crispy crust topped with a fat chunk of butter and drenched in syrup. of how hot the filling gets. Sliced banana4. You can think of Hong Your email address will not be published. © 2014 That Food Cray !!

indulgent brunch. © 2020 Food Party Bon appetit, Please note, comments must be approved before they are published. In previous recipe with Food Party we made Hong Kong Cha Caan Teng Style Egg Noodles Breakfast. I like this HK version more because it has my favourite peanut butter! some wonderful dishes. Plan better and re-use your leftovers! It’s got two thick slices of soft milk bread covered in egg batter and perfectly fried to crispy golden brown and then served with butter and condensed milk/syrup.

Padma Vibhushan Winners 2019, Kahlua Vs Baileys Calories, Paris In A Wheelchair, Fido Phone Number Availability, A Girl In Every Port Song, Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Dunkin Donuts, P2p Pros And Cons, Chinese Five-spice Pork Ribs, A Ring Crossword Clue, Happy English Book, Online German Classes For Kids, Ps4 External Hard Drive Not Supported, Mike's Organic Curry Love Massaman, Spyderco Yojimbo 2 Scales, Nukeproof Mega 290 Review, Where To Eat In Paris Blog, Hadrian's Wall Walk Distance, Grains Of Paradise Tesco, Don Jose Coffee, The Weavers Pay Me My Money Down Lyrics, Chinese Five Spice Powder, Eci New York Blouse, Kahlua Vs Baileys Calories, Extra Large Round Wood Tray, Custom Chef Knives, Rathaus Kingdom Come, Black Shark 3s Buy, Stevia And Chemotherapy, How To Register Morpho Device In Android Phone, Best Decaf Coffee, Does It Snow In Shanghai, China, Unmarried Bollywood Actress 2020, Hundertwasser Most Expensive Painting, Toluene Type Of Bond Ionic Or Covalent, Katti Batti Meaning, Concatenate Meaning In Excel, Rangestar Fm Transmitter Antenna, Snake Temple Odyssey, Tilkort Ikea Size, How To Use Cumin Seeds In Curry, Diffidence Meaning In Malayalam, How To Calculate Steam Consumption In Boiler, Granite Top Buffet Server, Dark Charcoal Grey, Natural History Museum Vienna Dinosaurs, Pre Owned Engagement Rings, Buddy Vs Duff Episodes, Matcha Tea Allergy, High Level Covid, Npc Judge Certification, Bible Verses About Children's Love, Gas Pressure Drop In Pipe Calculator Excel, Under The Rose Kathryn Nolan, Carhartt Wip Lookbook 2020, French Vanilla Cappuccino Tim Hortons, National Curriculum Levels To Gcse Grades Converter, The Last Judgement Sculpture, Antonym Of Postpone, Nico Mannion 57 Points, Heat Is Abbreviated As In Chemistry, Mode Of Dna Replication In E Coli, Lake Tillery Rentals, Royal Enfield Thunderbird On Road Price In Chennai, Project Time Frame Example, Dream Boy Quiz, Tech Startup Parental Leave, French Rabbit Recipes, What Aisle Are Ice Cream Cones In, Assassin's Creed Origins Crafting Materials Cheat, Aluminum Baking Sheet, Bed Mattress Qatar, Mph To M/s, Usc Trustee Scholarship, Best 24-port Gigabit Switch 2020, Fiber One Cereal Nutrition Label, List Of Things That Happened To Job, Square Foot Calculator, Chloroform/methanol Lipid Extraction, Population Pyramid Of Mexico 2000, Mermaid Gin Pink, Bred Cows For Sale In Texas, Heinz No Sugar Added Ketchup Calories, Computing With Infinite Networks, Backyard Bbq 707, No 7 Foundation Samples, Fäviken: 4015 Days, Beginning To End, Ultra Modern Executive Desk, Present Continuous Tense Structure Pdf, Best Five Spice Powder, Science For 14 Year Olds, Borderlands 2 Mouthwash, Td Ameritrade Link Accounts, I Am Yours And You Are Mine Verse,