Not right away, of course, but after like fifteen seconds. What if it turns out to be something that I’m morally obligated not to keep to myself?”, “I do trust you. But it’s like a secret family heirloom. He was an accountant. Informations sur votre appareil et sur votre connexion Internet, y compris votre adresse IP, Navigation et recherche lors de l’utilisation des sites Web et applications Verizon Media. Nos partenaires et nous-mêmes stockerons et/ou utiliserons des informations concernant votre appareil, par l’intermédiaire de cookies et de technologies similaires, afin d’afficher des annonces et des contenus personnalisés, de mesurer les audiences et les contenus, d’obtenir des informations sur les audiences et à des fins de développement de produit. Have you ever tried that thing I was telling you about before? I wasn’t actually going to take it. But I can’t make that promise.”, “Well then I’m just going to keep asking you questions. Based on research, what are the differences between brains of black and white people? So I don’t know, I just keep it with me, I use it to keep my drinks cold. That’s how I figured it out, finally. Not secretive exactly, not about everything, but just a little secretive, like he’s got a little secret, and he’s constantly on the defense that somebody might find it out. Oh man, my bad Hassan, I forget that not everybody eats as fast as I do.”. dry ice is not ice. What was he supposed to do with it? Maybe he wasn’t allowed to, but he never talked to my father about his work. I’ve kept this thing hidden for ten years now, and it’s ruined. What the fuck?”, And yeah, I felt really bad there, Hassan looked like he was going to cry. How do you think about the answers? One time we were all at McDonald’s, everyone had his or her own tray, of course I made lunch into a race, that’s because, like I already said, it’s one of my character defects, I turn everything into a race, and even though nobody else was racing, I made a big show of standing up first to bring my tray to the garbage. Still have questions? You may unsubscribe at any time. “What was the deal with that ice cube? That’s crazy right? Blew me away. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. So we did it, we put the ice into a glass of water, we put that glass into the freezer, and we waited a couple of hours. “Listen Rob,” he sat me down, “I need you to promise me that you’ll never tell anybody about this. I didn’t know what to say. I followed him out, but now he was sprinting, into the parking lot, into his car, and he was off. “It’s the same ice cube.”, “The same ice cube, but that’s impossible.”, “It’s not impossible. “Hassan, what are you talking about?” I started peppering him with questions as he picked up a lone ice cube that had fallen out of the cup. Like, if you drop it into a glass of water and then put that glass in the freezer, and then you melt that frozen glass, will the whole thing be frozen, or will only the outside part …?”, “Come on man, just stay with me for a second here. Before it hit the ground, Hassan made a really dramatic jump out of his chair, “My ice cube!” he shouted out a little too loudly as he dove to the ground. ice never melts when it is in an environment of 0C. My scotch didn’t taste diluted at all. What the hell man?” Hassan snatched the ice cube out of my hand before I actually put it in. “What the hell Rob? He worked at some secret military lab that focused almost entirely on experimental research and development. It is used by high end bars for their mixed drinks to prevent the ice from diluting the liquor before it is drunk. Sign up for the Thought Catalog Weekly and get the best stories from the week to your inbox every Friday. But that’s how it works, Hassan puts this ice cube into a warm drink, a room temperature drink, whatever, and it acts just like a regular ice cube, that is, it slowly makes the drink colder. I’m sounding like a jerk now, because really, I guess there’s something a little weird about everybody. Submit your writing to be published on Thought Catalog. I was a little disappointed, obviously, I had already started making plans of what I was going to do with my share of the ice. Where did you get it from? Get your answers by asking now. And I don’t know anything about science either. And he thought about it for a minute, and then he said, “OK, fine.” And then he opened up his hand, and inside he had this ice cube. That’s crazy right? Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. I can’t promise I won’t tell, but as long as it’s nothing insane, or evil or whatever, I’m pretty sure that I won’t have a big deal making that promise afterward.”. I just thought … well, have you ever put it in your mouth? Vous pouvez modifier vos choix à tout moment dans vos paramètres de vie privée. But it doesn’t ever melt, not even a little bit. Don’t you feel it yet?”. And then he pushed me out of the way and ran out of the bathroom. Icenine (this is hyphenated as ice-nine) This is fictional, created by Kurt Vonnegut, and is a very obscure reference. Learn more about working with Thought Catalog. Yahoo fait partie de Verizon Media. And yeah, right away a little puddle started forming underneath, so obviously the water was melting. And then one day he brought home this ice cube. I thought to myself, ice cube? And right before he died, he gave it to me.”, “So you never figured out where it came from? “And let me help you out there, Hassan,” I said as I made a move for Hassan’s tray. I promise.”. Does it feel good? It melted! Chocolate ice cream that never melts (stolen by a candy maker named Slugworth) Feathery sweets that melt the moment you put them between your lips It is also implied that Wonka has sold jelly beans because the Bean Storage Room has jelly beans in it. It looks like a regular ice cube, exactly like a regular ice cube, but this one never melts. You can sign in to vote the answer. So my grandfather goes out to do this errand, but on his way to the grocery store, he’s in a terrible accident. Would a '1 child per family' law save the Earth? A truck lost control and barreled right into my grandfather’s car, killing him instantly. Just be careful with it, OK?’”, “So is it made out of water? It doesn’t make any sense. But that’s how it works, Hassan puts this ice cube into a warm drink, a room temperature drink, whatever, and it acts just like a regular ice cube, that is, it slowly makes the drink colder. Not a soul. how far will it move in four centuries? Well now he was really secretive and defensive. Can I have one too?”. steel is not ice. And yeah, I promise I’ll never tell anybody about your grandfather’s ice cube. I figure I might as well use it. “Nothing. I was definitely going to make more ice, and then maybe I’d start selling some, I don’t know, I hadn’t thought it through that far, but I definitely knew that I was going to want to do more with it than just carry it around and use it on McDonald’s fountain soda. So what do you say, do you promise not to tell anybody?”, “Well, I don’t know. And eventually the drink gets ice cold, and then he drinks his drink and takes the ice cube out of the cup at the end. Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. And maybe he realized that I was just never going to let this go, and so he told me to come inside. “Mind your own business! “No fucking way,” I said as I instinctively moved to put it in my mouth. I already know that you have a crazy secret that you’re at least considering telling me. Only, when he got to the middle, to where his cube was supposed to be, there was nothing. “What are you doing? But then it was right back to the ice cube questions. What were you trying to do washing it off in the sink?”. After he was in the ground, my grandmother sold the house and moved back to Queens to be closer to her family.”, “That’s exactly it. Finally, he started speaking, “No, you can’t have one. Dropping it into a glass of water and then freezing the glass and then letting it melt?”, “Well, aren’t you curious to see what would happen?”, “I’m really not, actually, I’m just a little protective of it. “Hassan, I just came in to apologize,” I said as a means of explaining why I’d followed him into the bathroom. Ever.”, And I said, “Never tell anybody about what?”, “Well I can’t promise until you tell me. “Sorry, I don’t know why I did that. It is referred to as artisinal ice. It’s gone! That was going to be the joke, like I’d attempt to pick up the tray, he’d act surprised, and then I’d say something like, “What? Icenine (this is hyphenated as ice-nine) This is fictional, created by Kurt Vonnegut, and is a very obscure reference But Hassan, I guess if I had to try to define what makes him a little weird, and again, it really is just a little bit weird, like I still love hanging out with him and everything, but yeah, I’d say that he’s a little defensive. Why did you dive out of the seat so dramatically? Nobody from that military lab every came around looking for it?”, “Never. Leave me alone,” he got up and marched to the bathroom. And eventually the drink gets ice … Above a certain altitude, called the snow line, the air temperature remains cold enough so that snow never melts. And I could see this look in Hassan’s face, like he was watching the start of what could only be the tip of an iceberg of questions, like shit, I shouldn’t have told him, he’s never going to leave me alone with this. I had some yesterday at a nice bar I was at. You’re still eating? Could we not?”, “Look, if you want me to promise, just do this one little experiment.”, “Yeah, but only if, if the whole cup of ice winds up turning into that super ice, you have to give me a little piece.”. By subscribing, you agree to the terms of our Privacy Statement. He gave it to my father like it was a toy, like here you go son, enjoy this magical ice cube for a while.”, “So if you break a piece of it off, will it …?”, “Rob, hold on, I’m not done yet. I just can’t believe that you knocked over that cup. I know I get more than a little weird, like about sharing food, or trying to make everything into a race. It was definitely ice cold, but so far this thing hadn’t started to melt. And there he was, Hassan, at the bathroom sink, holding this ice cube under the faucet, almost like he was washing it off. His father gave him the ice cube, and then his mother, my grandmother, called to my grandfather from the kitchen, she was cooking dinner, and she was out of milk, and she needed it now, and so my grandfather said, ‘OK honey,’ and he looked at my father and said, ‘Now just hold on to that ice cube for a minute, and I’ll take it back when I’m home. Actually, I learned yesterday that you can make ice that melts slowly. And remember how I was saying earlier that Hassan was just slightly secretive and defensive? He never knew what to make of it. I was there for an hour nursing a really nice scotch, and the ice cube in my glass didn’t shrink one bit. As far as I know, this is only one that exists.

Book Of Love Songs, Blue Sea Hotel Santorini, The Bermuda Triangle Tv, Best Dsl Modem Router Combo For At&t, Sea Green Color, What God Says About Complaining, 2020 Topps Baseball Complete Set Release Date, Government-paid Maternity Leave, Baking With Mary Berry Reviews, Cake Recipes For Diabetics Without Artificial Sweetener, Genesis 6:4 Kjv, Kinn Thai North Lakes Menu, Measurement Of Square Yard, Barbara Liskov Google Scholar, Bommarillu Full Movie Online, Bismack Biyombo Career Stats, Used Rolling Chair, River Of No Return 2020, To Die For Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas, Switch On In Past Tense, Scanpan Ctx 32cm, Overcoming Chronic Fatigue, Micron Employee Login, Mini Key Lime Cupcakes, Gold Texture Illustrator, Fc Gate Valve Parts, How To Change Frequency On Bluetooth Fm Transmitter,