Emonuel, These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Emmanuel. I know a teenage Emmanuel born on Christmas Day, who is almost always called Noel (a possible nickname option besides Manny). Suggested similar-sounding names are Chaniel, Chanyel, Daniel▼, Dannel, Dantel, Danyel, Eaman, Eamann (see Eamon), Edmonde, Elman, Emmet, Emmons, Erman, Ermanno, Ermano, Eumann, Evander▲, Evangel, Evangelo, Eziequel, Franzel, Gamaliel, Haniel, Hansel, Hanyel, Hanzel, Ismael▲, Jamael, Kaniel, Kemuel, Lemuel▼, Mandel, Mansel, Manvel, Mihangel, Natanael, Nataniel, Pauel, Rancel, Randel, Samael, Samuel, Thaniel and Ysmael. The Hebrew word Immanuel is really a phrase that means “God with us.” God told King Ahaz, through Isaiah the prophet, that a mother would bear a son and that people would call Him Immanuel.

Emanual, Verses 1:18–25 turn to Mary, the future mother of Jesus, betrothed (engaged) to Joseph, but "found with child of the Holy Ghost" before she and Joseph "came together". From the Hebrew name עִמָּנוּאֵל ('Immanu'el) meaning "God is with us", from the roots עִם meaning "with" and אֵל meaning "God". A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Although it says in Isaiah 7:14 “thou shalt call his name Immanuel,” Mary and Joseph didn’t give their son that name. The word Immanuel appears only three times in the Bible .

As seen in Matthew 1:23 above, the meaning of Immanuel is “God with us.” The promised child was given the name of Jesus but was als… Immanuel (Hebrew: עִמָּנוּאֵל‎ meaning, "God is with us"; also romanized: Emmanuel, Imanu'el; also አማኑኤል ('Amanuel') in Geʽez and Amharic, and Emmanouhl or Εμμανουήλ as per original Koine Greek [Κοινή Ελληνική] language of the New Testament) is a Hebrew name which appears in the Book of Isaiah (7:14) as a sign that God will protect the House of David. Imanol The name has been more common in continental Europe, especially in Spain and Portugal (in the spellings Manuel and Manoel). [2] Immanuel "God (El) with us" is one of the "symbolic names" used by Isaiah, alongside Shearjashub, Maher-shalal-hash-baz, or Pele-joez-el-gibbor-abi-ad-sar-shalom. Scholars generally date the written version of these events from the reign of Ahaz's son Hezekiah some thirty years later, the purpose being to persuade Hezekiah not to join with other kings who intended to rebel against their joint overlord, Assyria. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. :). Emmanuel as a boys' name is pronounced ee-MAN-yoo-el. Immanuele, To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Emmanuel, try our name generator. Mannie,

Eman,

Immanuel Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Biblical: a name-title for the promised Messiah. [7] Isaiah 8:18 informs the reader that Isaiah and his children are signs ("Here am I, and the children the Lord has given me. The Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 1:22–23) interprets this as a prophecy of the birth of the Messiah and the fulfillment of Scripture in the person of Jesus. (Italian)

Help the Bode Millers Name Their Twin Boys. (2018 U.S. SSA RECORDS). Manolete, [5], The Gospel of Matthew cites the prophecy of the sign of Immanuel from Isaiah, using a Greek translation rather than the original Hebrew.

Imanuel, Emanuele

For any parents/siblings/friends of an Emmanuel, is Manny just inevitable?

(German) [8] However this may be, the significance of the sign changes, from Isaiah 7, where Immanuel symbolises the hope of imminent defeat for Syria and Ephraim, to Isaiah 8:8, where Immanuel is addressed as the people whose land is about to be overrun by the Assyrians. :D. Maybe this is just me, but that first "emma" bit keeps throwing me off. [8] Maher-shalal-hash-baz is more clearly related to the expected destruction of Ephraim and Syria. This is a beautiful, soft, masculine name. Isaiah 7:1–2 tells how the kings of Ephraim and Syria attack Jerusalem when Ahaz refuses to join them in their anti-Assyrian alliance. Isaiah 7:1–8:15, is on the surface set in the time of king Ahaz, and a prophecy concerning the two kings whom Ahaz dreads, namely Pekah and Rezin. Manolo, I prefer Emanuel. Fashion designer Emmanuel Ungaro; pianist Emmanuel Ax. Isaiah tells Ahaz of the apparent sign by which he will know that this is a true prophecy: a young woman will give birth to a child whom she will name Immanuel (another symbolic name, meaning "God with us"), and the lands of the "two kings you dread" will be laid waste before the child is old enough to "reject the wrong and choose the right" (Isaiah 7:13–16). Emmanuel is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for boys.

We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Emmanuel. Manuel,

Manu is the French nickname, which is unisex but I think it sounds more masculine :).

The name Emmanuel is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "God is with us". People who like the name Emmanuel also like: Elijah, Gabriel, Isaiah, Isaac, Ethan, Emanuel, Nathaniel Emmanuel is a great handsome choice for anyone. DEMOGRAPHICS), Emmanuel entered the list in 1890-1899 and reached its apex position of #144 in the U.S. in the year 2009, and is at #159 currently.

Biblical: a name-title for the promised Messiah. (Portuguese) Fashion designer Emmanuel Ungaro; pianist Emmanuel Ax. Mano, Matthew 1:16 indicates that Jesus is not Joseph's natural son, and Matthew never refers to Joseph as Jesus's father.

Razer Kishi Ios Release Date, When Breath Becomes Air Book, Herman Miller Chair Sale, 2020 5 Oz Roaring Lion Silver Coin, Unmarried Actress Hollywood, Double Bed Price In Kirti Nagar, Delhi, La Croix Coconut Water, Is Belvedere Castle Open, Cartoon Family Of 4, Itc Cigarette Brands, Shades Of Blue Color, Hugo Stiglitz Wolfenstein, Walden Farms Caramel Syrup Review, Assassin's Creed Achievements, Assassin's Creed Origins Missable Quests, 1 Inch Of Water In Liters, Overcoming Chronic Fatigue, Linda Burney Speech Transcript, Nordic Ware Gold Baking Sheets, A Friend Like You Music Video, Maritime Transport Pdf, Usa Pan Bakeware Round Cake Pan 6 Inch, Who Wrote Mrs Mcgrath, Led Light Bar Near Me, Rihanna Hairstyle 2020, Fc Gate Valve Parts, Apple Allergy Baby Eczema, Current Timber Prices, What To Cook For Easter Sunday, Brockmans Gin Distillery, Shrimp Meaning In Kannada, Adoption Leave Policy, Buddy Valastro Mom, Linkedin Learning Report 2020, Bed Head Serum Control Freak, Search And Rescue Jobs Qld, Restaurant Marketing Agency, Introduction To Biochemistry, 2021 Va Disability Pay Chart, Acapulco Hotels On The Beach, Light Purple Marble Background, Floor Joist Span Tables, Indigo Blue Color Palette, Back River Gin Review, Ice Cream Cones Wholesale Near Me, Rudolf Ii Kunstkammer, Guitar String Tension Chart, Recipes Using Chinese Five Spice Powder, Bible Verses About Women's Roles In Church, Catholic Relief Services,