When you mess up this bad, you don't need 2 boxes of instant pudding, 1 would be just fine.

I used to use a whey product and it never worked but it did work with fat free. My plan is to make the mini cakes, freeze them, layering the pudding and whipped cream one day prior to serving. It looks great and I'm sure it tastes even better!! Made this for my hubby for his birthday and he loved it.

Oh wow – thank you so much!! There is none left!

Love hearing that Suzanne! Hi Anonymous, the recipe says to use a 9×13 pan.

I'm goin to try this one to:).happy eating! Not sure if that would work the same. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!

After the pudding is poured in the holes I put the cake in the fridge over night and then right before the party I layer sliced bananas on top of the pudding and then layer with extra cool whip (don't go generic on the cool whip; it gets runny and don't forget to defrost the cool whip the night before) and then I add the crunched up nilla wafers (I have used generic wafers from the dollar store and it turned out fine) I never leave reviews but I felt so compelled because of how much I love this cake!!!!

I love your recipes, but every time I try to print one off, the recipe is blocked out in parts by advertisements.

I can't wait to make it!

Thanks for the recipe =). I'm excited to try this recipe! Are you going to use a straw or a wooden spoon…curious…would there be more holes with a straw? And girl, everybody on the internet is copying you now. I cant wait i'm taking it to work tomorrow hope they love it. It was totally scrumptious!!! You're the best! Best Banana Pudding Poke Cake is an easy original recipe made with cake mix poked with banana pudding, topped with Cool Whip and crushed Nilla Wafers! Thank you thank you thank you!! But banana pudding is a different story. But my other co-worker, Amanda does not like bananas – at all. They are a good way to offer variety in desert without a lot of work. Thank you SO much for your sweet comment. Brandie ~ I have never seen a Poke Cake before coming across your chocolate Oreo Poke cake on Pinterest. Have a super Sunday. Oh my goodness! But everything is just so doggone GOOD!). So easy!! I'm a lemon fanatic, so I'm totally gonna try it. I can't find instant banana pudding mix at the two stores I went to. I did you jello instant banana cream pudding. I love the real bananas, so to make it like taste like the banana pudding I'm used to I'm using yellow cake, vanilla pudding, a layer of sliced bananas and then the cool whip layer and then the vanilla wafer layer. ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil & water) I cut him a piece (completely intact), & when he got it he smashed it up before eating it!

I was just going to share the same thing Rosanne shared because your recipe AND picture showed up on my feed from a relative who shared it. Think I may have to make another tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying stabilized whipped cream on the one I'm going to make today and see how that works out for me. Stir. You want the holes to be big enough so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there. Thanks for all the great recipes!

https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-banana-pudding-recipe-3051145 You can spread the crushed wafers immediately before serving the cake if you like. I'm having a hard time waiting for it to cool, lol! I need to poke my hole bigger next but other than that it was GREAT!!!!! Hi I m about to make this great recipe ….

It was a big hit. No one else is complaining, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. This is copied verbatim on the Facebook page The Recipe Graveyard. Or just to the bottom and not all the way through??? I put on the whipped topping and let it chill in the fridge for awhile then sliced it up for the freezer. Also, what about adding sliced bananas on top of the cake, before you pour the pudding…wouldn't that seal out the air and keep them from turning? package of banana cream pudding mix.

~Brandie, I would like to challenge Heather to a banana pudding eating contest to prove once and for all who is the biggest fan.

I'm going to make it with pistachio pudding cause I don't have vanilla. I make a gf cookie that is very similar to nilla wafers, going to go get the ingredients for this and surprise the hubby, Okay I am commenting on this after I have made this cake numerous times. This one is super yummy! I think if I had 2 packages of pudding, I wouldn't have been able to close the lid on the container lol! So happy this was a hit for you. Put that top, it was amazing! This looks so Awsome just went to the store and got the stuff to make it my family is going to LOVE it… thanks so much .

, I made this cake for the 4th, and was so easy and yummy. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 cake. ~Brandie.

Does it still taste good on day two? The only problem was they ate it all and now I have to make another. Going to put fresh whip cream on top later and have a piece. .

Then, with a wooden spoon handle or some other similarly-sized object, begin poking holes in the cake. Once your custard is ready let it cool some so that it thickens up a little, & make sure that your cake is COMPLETELY COOLED before you start pouring the pudding. omg i can't wait to try it in the morning, my mouth is watering!! Thank you soo much for making the guys in our house happy!! Look what you started – ha! Just made this for my sons 22nd Birthday today!I have not tried it but he loves banana pudding so i am sure he will love it! Don't worry… I'll be tearing into it in just a few minutes.

I am going to make this again and again. I made one yesterday with pistachio pudding cause I didn't have vanilla.

Had a house full of young people today and made this cake. I tried this recipe for Easter. Gracias! I feel like there's something missing from the directions. yellow cake mix I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else – LOL) and decided to try it. She then … I made this today and it was AMAZING!

I am doing making for a cookout this Saturday but I'm using a lemon cake and lemon pudding. It's nice to have a bit of a crunch when you eat the cake. LOL! I think I will try all of them.

I use the cooked pudding as it's easier to pour into the holes. My husband isn't much of a cake person but he had two plates of this one! Well you know what I mean!

I just baked this yesterday for dessert and it is so easy and so good.

When we ate it, it was almost like a rum cake, wet on the bottom.

About an hour before serving, I sliced banana on top of the cake, then covered with whipped topping, then the crushed wafers again. Replced the oil in the cake with naners and used banana milk in the pudding. It was fantastic! This pudding cake looks amazing! I also did 2 9in round pans because I needed desserts for two different places today.

thank you soooo much <3, I recently made this since my husband loves banana creme pie. Nanner puddin is one of my favorites and I can't wait to make this one.

after a couple tried then saying how good it was, then others had to try.I didn't get but a little bite,ooohh so good.gonna make the coconut one next month..think i need to make 2 huh? I'm anxious to try this.

I grew up on these and we used to call them poke n pour cakes !Don't really remember making it in banana flavor though so off to make this flavor now :))Thanks for sharing I too will pass this flavor on! I wouldn’t change a thing! I would added crushed walnuts to this and it made it even better! Let pudding sit for about 1-2 minutes so it has just slightly begun to thicken but not fully set, it should still be easily pourable.

I don't think I can wait though, I will have try a piece tonight . My son loves this cake It's a staple for my family now. Will let you know how it taste. . Have you tried it with a meringue?

Layer 1/3 of pudding mix, topped with wafers, then banana …

Thanks . Oh heavens to betsy.

Please reply …. It kind of mixed with the pudding, so I'm hoping it will settle in the fridge before we eat it. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I had every intention of posting a pic of it however by the time I got my camera they had already torn into it. I'm so happy the coconut cream poke cake was a success.

Whip and banana slices. Mmmmm. Love hearing that Tess! My fil woul love it but not sure I have time the day before be go.

Definitely a fan!

. DELISH!!! Just wanted to add something. You are just making the pudding to the instant package directions which is 2 cups cold milk per packet.

FREE!

Hey Betty! I made it for tomorrow (Easter) but i had to try a little piece to see how it came out… It is really yummy thanks will be making this over and over… my kids love it too… Thanks for great and easy recipes. If there's a dessert that I wholeheartedly believe is just as delicious with some store-bought shortcuts, it's this one. I don't like 'runny' whipped cream. Along with the Ten Can Soup recipe I just sent to you. Made this for a cookout recently. Is there a substitute that you’ve used in the past?

Thank you so much for this receipe!! I really appreciate y'all taking the time to let me know how a recipe turned out for you!Anonymous – you really need to to put the pudding into a warm cake.

I have the banana cream mix, will that work or will it be too big of a taste difference? Worked fine. Thank you so much for the website. Needless to say the cake had a life span of about 45 minutes as folks went back for multiples. I wiped off what didn't soak into the cake after about 15 minutes.

How would it taste if I added cut up pieces of strawberries and bananas on top of the cake? I'd weigh a ton if I lived close to you. Leave some of the pieces big. After looking up the recipe, I was led to your site, and discovered, that this was the exact recipe that she used. =).

Looks so good! I featured you on my blog tonight. I just made this and almost slapped my momma!!! I added the whip in the morning,and just crumbled wafers and added them to the pieces I served. Shared this with my banana-pudding-loving husband and promised to make it for his 40th birthday in May. My son loves banana pudding but can't eat raw bananas. Or…maybe I could add a couple mushed up nanners in the cake batter before baking??? I know of another poke cake… it's the only dessert I know how to make!

I add a box of banana pudding mix to the cake batter.

Thank you Ellen!

Great recipe. My favorite so far is Strawberry Lemonade, with strawberry cake and lemon pudding, with extra lemon juice of course. HOLY COW!! I want to make 100 mini servings of this recipe. There is a strawberry version, my moms been making it for years, also a pineapple one to. Love reading all these comments!

I saw this on facebook, and whenI read it I posted, "I'm making that for Easter"!

It was absolutely delicious!! I follow the directions EXCEPT I don't put the whipped cream on it until I'm ready to serve it. …. Another yumm yumm yummy recipe.

It's the best cake I ever had! I found this to be helpful at least My cake is currently cooling and am very excited to see how it turns out! Since creating this recipe, I have added about twenty other poke cake combinations. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 140 Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Steal the Show, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime.

Eikon Messenger Login, Clove Of Seasons Meaning, States With Cox Communications, Snickerdoodle Muffins Without Cream Of Tartar, Mentos Mint Calories Per Roll, History Of Warlock, Tanqueray Gin Garnish, Air Conditioning Problems And Solutions Pdf, Louisiana Sales Tax, Illinois Human Rights Act, How To Play Illusion Card Game, Best Restaurants In Birmingham, Tan Not Fading, Atelier Acrylic Paint Online, Speed Of Sound At 35000 Ft In Knots, Best Sauce To Eat With Fried Chicken, Average Price Of A Pint Of Ice Cream, Ig Withdrawal Fee, Sleeping With Sirens - I Need To Know Lyrics, Allspice Vs Cinnamon, What Can I Use Instead Of Allspice, Queen Bees For Sale, How Many Murders In Mexico 2020,